Securing Your Home for the Holidays
The holiday season is one of the busiest times of the year. Though it’s also one of the most joyous times, criminals don’t take a break during the holidays, so it’s important to stay safe. While investing in a monitored home security system is one of the best ways to keep your family and home safe throughout the entire year, there are several things you can do to stay safe during the holidays. Here are some holiday safety tips from our Lakewood locksmiths to keep you and your family safe.
Holiday Safety Tips
- Don’t Share Holiday Plans Online. If you’re heading out of town this holiday season, don’t announce your plans on social media. Never share when you’re leaving, when you’re coming back or where you’re going as this is prime information for thieves.
- Ask a Neighbor to Watch Your House. Ask a trusted neighbor to keep an eye on your house, pick up your mail and keep your sidewalks cleared of snow.
- Keep Gifts Out of Sight. Large wrapped gifts under the tree are a tempting invitation for burglars. Keep your tree and the gifts underneath away from windows and out of view. Also, make sure expensive electronics can’t be easily seen through windows.
- Have Your Furnace Burglars aren’t the only potential risk during the holiday season. Have your furnace and chimney inspected annually to avoid house fires and carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Decorate Responsibly. Did you know that December is the deadliest month for electrical fires? Avoid disaster by inspecting your lights and decorates before putting them up, and make sure the decorations you choose are appropriate for your intended use. Turn off your decorations when you aren’t home or when you go to bed.
The holiday season is one of the most wonderful times of the year, but without proper planning and safety measures, it can turn disastrous. If you need help with holiday home security, contact the Lakewood locksmith experts right here are Colorado Security Products. Call 303-756-1000.