Stay Safe with These Spring Home Security Tips
Spring has finally sprung, and as the weather gets warmer, it’s the perfect time to make sure your home is secure for the months ahead. As the temperatures rise, people spend more time outdoors. Unfortunately, burglars are more likely to strike during warmer weather, too. And burglary isn’t the only thing you need to worry about this spring and summer.
Here are a few spring home security tips to help you and your family stay safe.
6 Simple Home Security Tips for Spring
- Keep your grass mowed. A mowed lawn doesn’t just look nice; it also helps deter burglars. Uncut grass is a sign that a home may be vacant and an easy target. Make sure your grass stays mowed all summer, even if you go away on vacation.
- Check your smoke detectors. Spring and fall are good times to check your smoke detectors to make sure they’re functioning properly. Test each smoke detector and replace all the batteries. Consider upgrading to a monitored system that ensures help will be dispatched at the first sign of trouble.
- Keep your doors and windows locked. As the temperatures climb, it may be tempting to leave your doors and windows open to let in some fresh air. If you do, make sure all doors and windows are securely closed and locked while you’re away and at night.
- Install outdoor lights. Well-lit properties are less likely to be targeted by
- Don’t let everyone know you’re away. If you’re going on vacation, don’t post on social media. If possible, keep an extra car parked in your driveway while you’re away, and use programmable lights inside and outside your home to make it look like you’re home.
- Get a home security system. If you don’t already have a home security system, now is a good time to have one installed. There’s simply no better way to protect yourself, your family and your home, and security systems provide unparalleled peace of mind.
For more helpful home security tips or to have a home security system installed in your home, contact Colorado Security Products today by calling 303-756-1000.