Last-Minute Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is a fun and spooky time for kids of all ages. Tomorrow is the big day, but there is still time to make safety a top priority. Check out these last-minute Halloween safety tips to keep your favorite ghosts and ghouls safe.
Halloween Safety Tips
Trick-or-treating is one of the best parts of Halloween. It can also be one of the most dangerous. Here are a few tips to make sure the big event goes off without a hitch:
- A responsible adult should always accompany small children.
- If your kids are trick-or-treating without an adult, make sure you know exactly what streets they will be visiting.
- Make a flashlight or glow sticks part of your child’s costume.
- Remind kids to stay in a group and walk from one house to the next together.
- Decide on a time when your kids will return home.
- Provide a cell phone.
- Make sure your child’s costume fits appropriately and doesn’t create a risk for tripping.
While most parents are concerned with keeping their little trick-or-treaters safe, there are also a few things you should do to protect your home and family. If you will be handing out treats this year, but sure to keep these tips in mind:
- Make sure your walkway is well-lit, and remove any potential obstructions. You could be held liable if anyone were to get hurt while on your property.
- Don’t scare trick-or-treaters. While it may be all in good fun, some kids (and their parents) may not appreciate your tricks.
- Don’t open the door unless you feel safe. Trick-or-treat night brings lots of strangers to your front door. If any make you feel unsafe, keep the door closed until they leave.
Halloween is a lot of fun for kids of all ages, but it only takes one disaster to ruin the holiday. Keep yourself and your family safe this year by following the tips outlined above. From all of us at Colorado Security Products, have a safe and happy Halloween!